I'm not sure how many of you use white spirit to clean your rollers after you're done with printing. I used to use it. I'm probably one of very few people who actually likes the smell of it! Recently however, I decided that I wasn't going to use it anymore. It cleans effectively, but it smells really strong. It makes my hands dry. And the smell, as much as I like it, lingers in my airways for a few days at least. Also, it's probably not very safe to use when you have small children around. It's a clear liquid. They might think it's water. And why make a small person inhale toxic fumes. Wikipedia says: "White spirit has a fairly low acute toxicity by inhalation of the vapour, dermal (touching the skin) and oral routes (ingestion). However, acute exposure can lead to central nervous system depression resulting in lack of coordination and slowed reactions. Exposure to very high concentrations in enclosed spaces can lead to general narcotic effects (drowsiness, dizziness, nausea etc...) and can eventually lead to unconsciousness. Oral ingestion presents a high aspiration hazard. Prolonged or repeated skin exposure over a long period of time can result in severe irritant dermatitis, also called contact dermatitis."
So what other options do we have? A few things:
1. Vegetable oil
2. Citri Wash
3. Lincoln wash
All supposedly safer than white spirit. And the don't smell!
Anyone use anything else?